Saturday, May 14, 2011

Put A Little Lipstick On...



Things have been a little off kilter for me lately. My mother always says when things go wrong and you feel a little depressed, just put a little lipstick on and you'll feel better.


I wonder how this theory would have worked for let's say George Washington, on his way to cross the Delaware. "Just a moment boys, I have to grab a tube of Ye Old Glory Red. "


Or perhaps Neil Armstrong grabbed a slick tube of some Max Factor hot shade of 60s Pop Em Sock it To Me Orange before he stepped outside and delivered his famous moonwalk speech. I'm just supposing here.


Imagine, if you will, the fateful moment when Ed Sullivan announced the Beatles on television for the first time. Did all of them head back stage first and pass along a tube of Maybelline's Forever Stardom?


It's a fun theory and if nothing else, makes me smile when thoughts of less happier things try to crowd their way into my already stuffed cranium. 


Time to grab a tube of Just Relax and Go With It. Everything really does look better with a little lipstick on it.

1 comment: